The mining industry is one of the oldest industries in the world. The mining industry deals with the sourcing of raw material for numerous manufacturing industries and domains. Every mining industry normally exists at a remote site where the raw material is easily available and hence the industry lacks sufficient infrastructure to support the mining business. This article takes you through the current scenario in the mining business in Indian states – specifically in the Black trap and sand mines domain. However, the mining industry is not limited to this. It expands to various domain like:
- Black trap mining
- White stone mining
- Sand Mining
- Marble mining
- Coal Mining
- Calcite stones mining
- and many others..
Current scenario of mining industry
Every business requires to keep records of the daily sales being done by them. Normally, in the mining sector, a sale takes place in the following process flow:
- The train, truck or trailer arrives at the loading site
- The gatekeeper or the person handling the site makes a note of the vehicle and allocates it to the right machine or loading deck
- The vehicle loads the supply of raw material
- The person at the gate or entry prepares a “challan” which is provided to the vehicle driver in case its a truck or trailer
- The vehicle exits the mines
- At the end of a certain period, the mine accountant or owner would invoice the buyer and they would need to tally the challans once again
In the above process of transport, there are several loop holes and challenges that they face. Some of the challenges include but are not limited to:
- Challan getting lost – Resulting into discrepancy in the tally of challans
- The supply going to a different site rather than going to the buyer
- The supply quantity being entered wrongly and not being notified to the buyer – Happens when the weigh bridge is not at the site
- No track of the loading deck being kept – Making it difficult to track the number of trucks, trailers or carriages loaded
- No electronic track of the transactions being kept – Leads to corruption among the labourers or operators
These and several other functional problems are being faced by the mining industry on the daily basis. The next section discusses in detail the reason behind these challenges that are being faced.
Cause of functional challenges in Mining industry
As mentioned earlier, mining industries are mostly located at very remote location with lack of access to electricity as well as internet. Every business application software available in the industry today requires at least an active internet connection and a laptop or a computer system to access it. Although there are mobile applications available for the same, they do not provide the support to directly print receipts of the transactions. Thus, the data entry would act as an overhead for the site manager. In such a situation, having the right business management tools becomes a challenge for the industry.
Moreover, the secondary reason behind the mismanagement is the lack of literacy in the site manager and labourers at the site. Every high-end business software is complex in terms of its navigation. Given the challenges involved in the site management of mines, the people interested in the position are not sufficiently literate to understand the navigation of the tools. If at all the businesses are able to employ a literate and skilled person, it eventually adds up to the cost of managing the site.
Solving the problem
At Satguru Enteprise Software, we try to solve such critical problems by using high-end technologies to develop simplified interfaces. We try to solve domain specific problems with the active involvement of domain experts. We ensure that the applications being developed are in line with the needs of the domain or the industry. This assures that the application is easily navigable by a layman working at the site as well. Digi-Mining is one such effort towards improving affordability and accessibility of technology tools at even the remotest places.
Digi-Mining combines the power of software technology with excellent hardware to provide you with an end to end solution – from data entry to printing receipts. We ensure that the softwares built by us work easily even when offline. Digi-mining is one of its kind solution that takes care of all your mining business management needs. For more details, visit our product page